cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Able to ping devices in a subnet but not across different subnets

damilare2000
Level 1
Level 1

I'm new to packet tracer and have been configuring a network but my devices are not able to communicate across different subnets but the ones in the same subnet can. If someone also knows how to configure servers from one subnet to work across the whole subnet I would also appreciate learning how to do that but I mainly need help communicating across different subnets. Thanks.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

@damilare2000 

There are a lot of work to do in your assignment. I will show you one problem and you need to work on fixing this all over.

The router on the Server Room have IP address 192.168.5.34/27 and this is connected to the router in "The children´s place" on the interface Serial7/0 which has IP address of 192.168.5.94/27. Meaning, they are not on the same network and they will not communicate.

You need to use some subnet calculator and distribute the IP address proprely among the devices. If you used the IP address 192.168.5.34/27 on the Router 3 you must use on the Router 2 one IP address on the same network, which on this case would be something around  192.168.5.33 - 192.168.5.62.

https://www.calculator.net/ip-subnet-calculator.html?cclass=any&csubnet=27&cip=192.168.5.34&ctype=ipv4&x=Calculate

FlavioMiranda_0-1723983101646.png

Thank you so much. Realised my fix and how much more I still have to go before I'm done.

Yes, a lot of work to do. You may also keep one eye on the interfaces you pickup for each link. On the interfaces available for installation, PacketTracer explain the function of each interface and you need to select that one that is suitable for your intent. Observe that there will be more than one Serial interface type and they have different proposal. If necessaty take a moment to read about each kind of interface and then pickup the right one for you.

Good luck on your study.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card