cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

About the terminal speed command in Catalyst8000

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Saved with write memory command after I changed the console port baud rate to 115200 with the terminal speed command.

Thought the terminal speed command cannot affect on the configuration change, but confirmed that config has been changed as follows after rebooting,

line console 0
 speed 115200

Is this the right behavior?
The equipment and model numbers used are as follows.
Model Number: Catalyst8000
Version: 17.6.4

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Does the intended speed setting work after rebooting ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hello!

The syntax is correct and on my equipment this works.

BR

****Kindly rate all useful posts*****

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for your reply.

The log is being rebooted after the "reload" command is entered.
The settings after the reboot appear to be valid.

Translator
Community Manager
Community Manager

I checked with the manufacturer that I was able to see a similar event on the C8200L of version 17.09.03a.

All router products, not limited to C8000, have used terminal speed to convert bad-rate to 115200, etc.
It appears that config-register has been changed and that speed 115200 is set under line con 0 after reboot.

In other words, in the C8000 Series, you can temporarily use the binary rate with terminal speed instead of setting by configuration mode.
If you change to the 115200, but do not explicitly set it back to default, the reboot will start up in the speed 115200
It seems that the specification of speed 115200 is set in line con 0.

When changing the bad-rate by terminal speed in the C9000 series, the above operation does not occur
I'm sure it's a router-specific behavior.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card