Views
Helpful
Replies

ACI L3OUT and Meraki using existing networks

paultw_davey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

Have recently moved into the world of ACI, which we're starting to utilise more and more.

One of the things which we're trying to do at the moment, is to add a Meraki SD-WAN onto our network in for some remote sites.
I have created L3OUT networks before and can get them to work, however this one is slightly different as we want to use a set of networks which are already in use via our legacy solution.

What we're trying to acheive is:

• The Meraki Hub will be connected into ACI in VPN Concentrator mode, which means it will just be another device connected to the LAN.
  • ACI will need a L3OUT connection configured to learn OSPF routes from the Meraki hub
  • ACI should take the routes and either push them to the Meraki hub, or to the legacy solution depending on if it knows the route or not

I've been struggling to get my head around how to configure this though. I've not had any training in ACI yet, and our expert who knew ACI the most has left the business so we're a little stuck.

Could I create a L3OUT connection, but instead of adding both the device IP and the network that's via that device, just add the device IP as the external network?

Thanks In Advance, and please ask any further questions for stuff I've missed!

Paul

1 Reply 1

jdevyor
Level 1
Level 1

Did you figure out a solution for this?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card