cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adaptive QoS Questions

noor.f.ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking into possibly implementing Adaptive QoS in my network and I was hoping I could get some clarification regarding the topic. I ran into a few questions while I was researching:

1. I read that the feature is in IOS 15.5T and IOS XE 3.14. Are there any platform limitations on those devices running this firmware?

2. I don't believe spoke to spoke support is available on the ISR G2 routers. If that is the case, would spoke to spoke work in a mixed G2/4000 environment?

3. Are there any recommendations for what the upper or lower bounds should be set to?

4. I've seen several places where it mentions where it mentions that the receiver would 'create state for periodic collection of stats on a relevant target'. Is there any configuration required for this besides configuring adaptive QoS at the receiver end or is it just describing the workflow?

I appreciate any insight. 

Thanks,

Noor

1 Reply 1

mark.chennell
Level 1
Level 1

I to am looking into this solution (part of IWAN for our new DMVPN)

One thing i have found out already is the XE version we were running on our 4451X router had a "bug" which did not pass out the service policy to the spokes (G2's)

We were runnning

isr4400-universalk9.03.16.01a.S.155-3.S1a-ext.SPA.bin

now using

isr4400-universalk9.03.13.05.S.154-3.S5-ext.SPA.bin

We went to this release because it is MD however i have now found out this release does not support adaptive QoS, so am now testing with the ED release  isr4400-universalk9.03.16.02.S.155-3.S2-ext.SPA.bin

#show ip nhrp group-map
Interface: Tunnel0
NHRP group: GROUP-100MBPS
QoS policy: GROUP-100MBPS-POLICY
Transport endpoints using the qos policy:
50.201.x.x
195.171.x.x

Interface: Tunnel1
NHRP group: GROUP-100MBPS
QoS policy: GROUP-100MBPS-POLICY
Transport endpoints using the qos policy:
50.201.x.x
86.12.x.x

whereas before this was not showing any spokes using the policy, even though via show dmvpn detail there were registered in the correct NHRP group.

The Spoke to Spoke QoS is done via " nhrp attribute group"

I do am unsure of the "create state for periodic collection of stats on a relevant target"

In regards to values, i am labbing and testing and reviewing....... and learning :0)

Regards

Mark

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card