cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add fastEthernet port to 1841 router

Singapore1629
Level 1
Level 1

I have the picture of a network I have to build, so I guess I need 3 fastEthernet ports, but 1841 has only 2. How to add another one? Any information can help me please.

Singapore1629_0-1665706369211.png

Singapore1629_1-1665706416303.png

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You could use the hwic-4esw.  You'll need to define a SVI and assign a VLAN to it and the modules port.  You should than be able to route through the SVI/VLAN/Ethernet-port.

NetworkDave
Spotlight
Spotlight

Singapore1629,

For the 1841, you need either a 1-port HWIC (HWIC-1FE) or a 2-port HWIC (HWIC-2FE). Unfortunately Packet Tracer does not provide either as an option.

Alternatively, you could use a different model router. Such as the "PT-Router" (4 FastEthernet ports) or the "2811" (2 FastEthernet ports...Add a NM-1FE--TX module for a 3rd one). You could also add a HWIC-2T to an 1841 and use serial WAN links between the routers.

Is this for a pka, pkt, or customized Packet Tracer? If so what is the labs title. Please provide the zipped file and instructions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember to mark helpful posts and mark the correct answer as a solution; It helps other users with similar questions.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card