Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Seamless Rate Adaption on a 867 series router

Gallain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been having issues with VDSL ppp sessions being dropped constantly. The carrier has said to configure seamless rate adaption on the vdsl controller. 

However, it seems that it sometimes causes the IOS to crash. Will it only crash if the vdsl port is currently plugged in and in use?

Also what is interesting is that i added the configuration to the customer router, which promptly crashed, but on a reboot of the router the service was restored and the sra configuration remained without having saved the configuration. So now i'm wondering whether is SRA working or has the configuration remained in the configuration due to a bug?

The firmware on the routers we use is usually one of the following:

15.5(3)M5

15.4(3)M5

15.3(3)M5

Configuration that was added:

controller vdsl 0

sra

2 Replies 2

Hello,

what is your exact router model (e.g. 867VAE-K9) ? Either way, release 15.7.3M4a MD is the current recommended release, try and upgrade to that version.

Hi George,

Yes, it's the 867VAE-K9. May have to do a big rollout of firmware upgrades. We have been having a lot of issues with all our fibre to the node services. 

I'll see if we can upgrade to the firmware you suggested and see if it equals less ppp drop outs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card