Views
Helpful
Replies

ADSL Firmware Change Log (Hwic and 877)

TrustNetworks
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning

Does anyone know where I can find the change logs for the ADSL Firmware's.

I realize each firmware comes with its individual bug fixes, however there is usually a significant difference between the shipped firmware and latest firmware available.

i.e. the 877m is shipped with 3.0.14 and the latest is 3.0.33

We have a handfull of miscellaneous issues, across a variety of hardware and customers, and would like to scan through the change logs to see if any of these issues were addressed by a previous bug fix.

Regards

Paul

2 Replies 2

kmccourt
Level 1
Level 1

I believe IOS 15.0 is shipping with firmware 4.0.15 and the latest widely available is 4.0.17 (4.0.18 seems to have disappeared).

If you have a valid support contract you can get these, and many others, from the 877 download section of the support site. Later firmware may also be available on request from TAC in response to a specific issue.

Information with firmware is unfortunately limited, e.g. 4.0.17 states 'ADSL firmware version 4.0.17 for UK annex M support only.  Compatible with Huawei MA5300 DSLAM, EADB linecard.'

Hi KMC

Thanks for your response.

We need to be able to track fixes for particular individual issues. These could be historic issues that have been addressed already by previous firmware releases, we support a variety of hardware, supplied at different points in time.

I would expect there is a change log somewhere, but wether or not Cisco make this publicy available is perhaps another story, but would be helpful to get a definate answer either way.

Regards

Paul

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card