cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

asa not receiving or sending eigrp routes

Majed Zouhairy
Level 1
Level 1

Peace, I've trying to replace an old asa with a new one, i configured the new asa manually from scratch, but whenever i connect it, eigrp neighbors form, routes are in the topology table, but not in the routing table like in the old asa.

the outside interface is the one participating in the eigrp process.

in the old asa the router id is of an inside sub interface, on the new asa i tried that and now it's that of the outside interface.

debug does not show authentication mismatch as would be expected. When i connect the asa, from the management interface, i set the mac on the outside interface like that of the old asa and also the ip, after disconnecting the old asa.

here is the configuration:

no auto summary. bandwidth: 1000000, delay: 1, loading: 1, mtu: 1500, reliability: 255

router eigrp 100

default-metric 1000000 1 255 1 1500

eigrp router-id 172.30.1.5

network 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0

network 172.30.0.0 255.240.0.0

network 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0

passive-interface default

no passive-interface Outside

there is also:
redistribute static route-map S_into_EIGRP

sh route-map
route-map S_into_EIGRP, permit, sequence 10
Match clauses:
ip address (access-lists): Redistributed_Routes

Set clauses:

sh run | i Red
access-list Redistributed_Routes standard permit 192.168.0.0 255.255.0.0
access-list Redistributed_Routes standard permit 172.16.0.0 255.240.0.0
access-list Redistributed_Routes standard permit 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0
match ip address Redistributed_Routes

from reading cisco site, it wrote that this is not an ordinary case and the support ticket must be opened but i do not have the privilege of doing that, can anyone confirm or help?
on the new asa there is set the route-map from asdm on the outside interface but i have not set that yet.

16 Replies 16

It does sound like a bug. If you are able to open a case with Cisco TAC I would suggest doing it as the best way to verify that it is a bug. If you have a support contract for the device at either end it would be good enough to open a case.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello,

if possible, try and upgrade to the latest release, which I believe is 9.10.1. Curious to know if that will fix the issue (if it indeed is caused by the bug)...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card