Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA5520 can not support stun protocal

I have one customer, which use cisco ASA5520 , and after testing, I found that only stun protocol is not supported in their network. classic-stun can work functionally, but only stun can not work,

I am not sure why, anybody can give some advice?

stun only can see binding request, but has no binding response,

for example, customer computer is A, my machine is B, using wireshark in A, we can see A send udp stun package to B,

I can not catch udp package at machine B with tcpdump.

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @00u1aoou0j8E6Uxmk5d7 ,

see the following thread

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-security/vidyo-and-stun-protocol-on-asa/m-p/1853039

you should match the protocol based on UDP or TCP port(s) you cannot inspect STUN on the ASA.

so find out used TCP/UDP ports at the sender and allows them reversed from the outside to the inside.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Thanks for you reply.

Stun is a udp protocol , all other UDP package can work,

So seems it is not due to port limit.

According to another reply,

Maybe due to ASA5520 version is too early and it can not support stun, 

But I am not sure if ASA can not support stun,

it will forbid the package or just ignore it and let it go.

Hello @00u1aoou0j8E6Uxmk5d7 ,

what I mean is that you need to ensure the ASA will not try to inspect STUN traffic, you should exlcude it from the policy inspect type global applied at global level.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

thanks for your advice . I am not familiar with ASA . I will provide such info to our customer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card