cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001 tftp issue

TRACY HARTMANN
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to upload a new IOS for a ASR 1001.  I have the tftp server running on my PC and the right directory for the file configured.  I can ping the router from my PC and from the router to the PC.   When I type copy tftp flash it eventually times out saying it %Error opening tftp.   I have tried several different tftp products and a different PC still nothing works.   There is no firewall between the subnets.  Any suggestions?                  

4 Replies 4

venturas05
Level 1
Level 1

I would check the config and see if you have an old TFTP server configured within. I am not familar with the ASR 1001 but I have ran into this issue with other equipment where someone prior programmed the ip to the tftp server into the switch.

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Tracy, I've found with the ASR1K's that I have configured, it normally has this command in the config:

ip tftp source-interface gigabitethernet 0

GigabitEthernet 0 is reserved for MGMT services only and hence the VRF for management is also created.

Please check to see if this is the case, and then remove this from the config, try to tftp again.

Hope this helps.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

this is my first asr 1k deployment and you nailed it..  thanxs 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
%Error opening tftp

So the file transfer is from one router to another?

Did you enter this command:  tftp flash:filename.ext

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card