cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1001X Vlan setting with etherchannel

Gerard Roy
Level 2
Level 2

I need to connect two separate ASR1001-X to 7010's. I need port channels Layer2 from the ASR's to the 7k's. I am told and as I understand it, "we are talking to a pair of 7k’s on a vdc with no SVI’s". Here is what I have. Can't pass traffic. I have tried multiple different combinations but no success. I do not have access to the 7k's. Any ideas?

interface Port-channel10
 description *** WAN Etherchannel Interface ***
 ip address 198.x.x.x 255.255.x.x
 negotiation auto
!
interface Port-channel10.43
 encapsulation dot1Q 43 primary GigabitEthernet0/0/0 secondary GigabitEthernet0/0/1
!
interface Port-channel20
 description *** LAN Etherchannel Interface ***
 ip address 172.25.29.196 255.255.254.0
 negotiation auto
!
interface Port-channel20.29
 encapsulation dot1Q 29 primary GigabitEthernet0/0/2 secondary GigabitEthernet0/0/3
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
 no ip address
 negotiation auto
 channel-group 10
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
 no ip address
 negotiation auto
 channel-group 10
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/2
 no ip address
 negotiation auto
 channel-group 20
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/3
 no ip address
 negotiation auto
 channel-group 20

3 Replies 3

Hello.

It's completely not clear what is configured on Nexuses' side - do you have a template?

Are you using VPC? If so, how are you going to route traffic between Nexuses and the routers (dynamic routing protocols are not supported)?

I assume you need to configure etherchannel as LACP (channel-group xx mode active). Do you see etherchennel is up and running on Nexuses' side?

Why do you need subinterfaces if you have no ip-address on them?

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You should be putting your IP address on the sub-interface of the Port Channel.

interface Port-channel20
 description *** LAN Etherchannel Interface ***
!
interface Port-channel20.29

ip address 172.25.29.196 255.255.254.0
 encapsulation dot1Q 29 primary GigabitEthernet0/0/2 secondary GigabitEthernet0/0/3

Collin

Have you setup one of these ?

I ask because this same question is in LAN  as well and I found a configuration example where they had IPs on both the main port channel interface and the subinterface and I can't for the life of me work out why the main port channel needs IPs and what they are meant to be.

Thread is here -

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12438596/asr-1001x-vlan-setting-etherchannel

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card