Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1002 fixed stable code version

I am looking upgrade my ASR routers to a newer code.  I am running asr1000rp1-advipservicesk9.03.03.01.S.151-2.S1.bin now. Would like input on what a good stable version is. I am not bleeding edge so the latest version I won't trust.

Thanks

Doug

5 Replies 5

farrell.da
Level 1
Level 1

My approach would be to consider are there any new features that you require, are their any issues with the code you are running and are there open security issues with the code you are running? If not then perhaps the latest maintenance release of the release you are running? I used to have upgrade fever but got my fingers burned too many times at the bleeding edge.

David.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Mainly security holes and the fact the code that I'm on is from May 2011. Where is the best and quick place to find security issues on a specific code version?

I use the bug toolkit, which I think is available through CCO. Also, the release notes for the latest build in that train usually cover all opened and resolved caveats.

David

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

OS is never perfect.

If you want a "stable" IOS, I suggest you find a version that catches your fancy and read the Release Notes.  If that version unsettles you, find one until it suits your needs.

You also would like to test the OS in a lab before rolling it out.

By the way, make sure you upgrade the bootstrap codes too.      

I usually start at a year old and work from there. I look at the bugtool and release notes, but there is nothing like the inside scoop from the field to assist in the process. Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card