cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR 1004 shutdown/reload procedure

dgalati000
Level 1
Level 1

From PEC training -  Cisco says to perform a proper ASR 1004 shutdown by executing 'reload' ,  then wait for bootstrap message to appear, then [before commencement of unpacking of the IOS]  turn off the power switch.   IS THIS ACCURATE.  Anyone have any doc related to the recommended POWER DOWN process on the ASR 1004.  We have a UPS cutover coming up and I want to be ready to power down and restart the new ASR 1004s we have - properly.  thx. 

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a few ASR in my network and we do perform several power downs annually.  All I do is ensure the config has been saved and just power down the appliance using the switch at the back.

I have yet to see any of my routers and switches fail to bootup due to a corrupt IOS.

thanks, we'll do that then.  seemed like you'd need two people to reboot a router...one to execute 'reload' and another to toggle the switch.  odd.  thx again. 

Console into the router and save the config.  Once config is confirmed saved then power off.  No brainer. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card