cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1002, SPA-5X1GE-V2, SVI and Access VLAN

dfulguer
Level 1
Level 1

We are installing SPA-5X1GE-V2 on ASR1002 and I need a redundant link from the router going to two different L2 switches.  To do this, we need to configure SVI and access VLAN ports.  I usually configure SPA for L3 port connection but not with L2.  Can we configure SPA as switching ports and is SVI supported on ASR1002?  Or is there in anyway we can implement this setup and is there any switching modules for ASR1002?  Thank you.

SPA.png

1 Reply 1

Zhi qiang Sun
Level 1
Level 1

you can use subintface

@dfulguer wrote:

We are installing SPA-5X1GE-V2 on ASR1002 and I need a redundant link from the router going to two different L2 switches.  To do this, we need to configure SVI and access VLAN ports.  I usually configure SPA for L3 port connection but not with L2.  Can we configure SPA as switching ports and is SVI supported on ASR1002?  Or is there in anyway we can implement this setup and is there any switching modules for ASR1002?  Thank you.

SPA.png

to connect switch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco