Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9001 SNMP v3 Configuration

azizradan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ASR9001 with ISO XR v5 and I want to add it to my SNMP Server for monitoring. I have followed the instructions in https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k-r6-7/system-management/configuration/guide/b-system-management-cg-asr9000-67x/b-system-management-cg-asr9000-67x_chapter_0100.html#task_1027210 

My configuration is as follows:

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config)# snmp-server view SNMP_VIEW1 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 included

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config)# snmp-server group GROUP_MONITOR v3 auth read SNMP_VIEW1 write SNMP_VIEW1

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config)# snmp-server user ADMIN_USER GROUP_MONITOR v3 auth sha authP@SS123!# priv aes 128 privP@SS123!#

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config)# snmp-server host 10.10.234.111 version 3 priv ADMIN_USER

RP/0/RSP0/CPU0:router(config)# commit

When I add this device to my SNMP Server. It does not add. There is no issue with SNMP Server as I can add any Cisco IOS devices with v3 SNMP to it without any problem. It looks like I missed something in my configuration. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Hi

Make sure you are not falling on this situation here:

"Only one remote host can be assigned to the same username for SNMP version 3. If you configure the same username with different remote hosts, only the last username and remote host combination will be accepted and will be seen in the show running configuration. In the case of multiple SNMP managers, multiple unique usernames are required. "

thanks for your reply,

I have just one username and one remote host. 

azizradan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody,

Is there any solution or comment for this issue? 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card