Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR901 configuration help

CityofPortland
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I'm a bit stuck. I have been tasked to configure 36 ASR 901s the are communicating to two master both being ASR 903s. The network is running OSPF on its WAN links for the IGP. BGP is being used for signaling. MPLS-TE tunnels is configured on the WAN interfaces as well as RSVP. The customers network is configured on a VRF. The customers traffic travels from a remote (ASR901) from g0/6 on the VRF to the LSP to the masters to communicated to the master customer site. All the traffic works perfectly both ways on all the base ASR 901s but when I have the configuration running on the ASR901 with t1 interfaces(6 of my routers) i run into some issues. The s0/0:0 interface associated with the t1 controller receives OSPF neighbors and BGP neighbors and the tunnels(LSP) to the master sites are up, but when the customer traffic tries to traverse the network pings are unsuccessfully. I've tried adjusting bandwidth but very limited with a t1 link. I was recommended to try using MLPPP but when I create the multilink the connection for the t1 establishes and OSPF and BGP neighbors come up but the LSP are up down and I don't get any RSVP neighbors. The multilink interface on the ASR901 doesn't take the command "mpls traffic-eng tunnels" which i think is causing no RSVP neighbors. But I'm at a standstill and don't know what else to try. I been searching online and can't find anything to help. Any one have ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated. 

7 Replies 7

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you do a "show interface ..." do both ends of the T1 shows the same MTU?

yes both 1500 bytes

Try this for an experiment.  Try forcing the MTU down to something much smaller, like 1000.  Just in case there is an MTU squeeze.  Seems unlikely, but I can't think of anything else.

Nope nothing 

What software version are you using on the 901 and 903?

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If it is for one customer, one bother to use MPLS?

If I was the one designing the project i wouldn't use it either, but i just implementing what motorola wants done. We build the backhaul for there Astro network

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card