cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-add of sub-interfaces as "no passive-interface" in ospf

zhorx9999
Level 1
Level 1

Good day. I've been having a problem with my cisco routers (7600s) where sub-interfaces that we create for ldp tunnels are added automatically to the main ospf process as no passive when created. In order, here is how to reproduce the issue:

- Configure ospf process as "passive-interface default"

- Configure interfaces that have to be active as "no passive-interface blah"

- ospf works as expected.

- Create new sub- interface somewhere with encapsulation on a certain vlan for xconnect.

- New sub-interface gets added as "no passive-interface" in main ospf process.

- When adding a new port-channel interface, behavior is the same.

Is that normal for cisco, should I continue removing sub-interfaces manually every time from the ospf process?

I'll be happy to provide any additional information if needed.

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Philippe,

I had the same experience with IS-IS  on C7600 with 12.2(18)SXF with a previous customer

In our case interfaces associated to a VRF were advertised in global routing table!

We removed passive-interface default on all nodes

I personally consider a behaviour like the one I have described  a SW bug and yours looks like similar

Hope to help

Giuseppe

It seems like the general consensus that this is in fact a sw bug. I'll wait to see if anybody else has another solution before letting is go. The oly problem that this causes me is the addition of sub-ifs in ospf, which cannot do any real harm since they have no ip address.

Thanks for replying.

ozguler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is CSCse64565.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco