cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bandwidth management_suite

jponcisco1
Level 1
Level 1

i am having 5mbps  from my ISP. I would like to dedicate 1mbps to one particular user. The rest of all users will share the remaining 4mbps. How can i proceed from the router or LAN switch ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Just implement CBWFQ.

there is not even need for shaping or policing. You just will write a class matching  your customer and you will set a bandwidth value of 1 Mbps ... If the other customers have no requirements you will leave all the remainiing 4 mbps in the class-default (best effort model).

Suggestion, since you will be defining a class for your customer just define a class for yourself too. 5 mbps are not so many and in case of congestion you would have 100kbps for example assured for your management.

i'd prefer to do this on the router....

HTH

Alessio

View solution in original post

Thank u Alessio. The problem has been fixed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Just implement CBWFQ.

there is not even need for shaping or policing. You just will write a class matching  your customer and you will set a bandwidth value of 1 Mbps ... If the other customers have no requirements you will leave all the remainiing 4 mbps in the class-default (best effort model).

Suggestion, since you will be defining a class for your customer just define a class for yourself too. 5 mbps are not so many and in case of congestion you would have 100kbps for example assured for your management.

i'd prefer to do this on the router....

HTH

Alessio

Thank u Alessio. The problem has been fixed.

Dear Alessio.
Good day.

I hope you are fine. Let me know if you are available. I need your support

Kind regards
J.P

BTW, I would say Alessio's suggested solution might be less than 100% accurate.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card