Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Router Configuration

Wolfin2010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm trying to ping from one network to other but it's not working.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the additional information. The router configuration for the interfaces seems reasonable. But clearly there are not routes configured. You need to configure on R1 a route for the LAN subnet of R2. And on R2 you need to configure a route for the LAN subnet of R1.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

michael o'nan
Level 4
Level 4

Need the router configuration that you currently have

Thanks for the reply Michael, here is the setting I put it the routers, I think the problem is that I need to define the route between to routers so the PC 3 & PC 4 can communicate with PC 1 & PC 2

R1

Interface Fa0/0

ip add 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0

Int S0/0

ip add 198.16.13.5 255.255.255.252

=========

R2

Interface Fa0/0

ip add 192.168.30.1 255.255.255.0

Int S0/0

ip add 198.16.13.6 255.255.255.252

Clock Rate 64000

You have given us only a little bit of information about the router configuration. But if there is not routing information for the routers (either from static routes or from a dynamic routing protocol) then your evaluation of the problem is exactly correct that you need to define routes on each router about how to access the resources on the other router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks for the reply Richard

I'm trying to scan the project, which was given to me as a home work but my scanner is busted.

Finally got it working.

Thanks in advanced

Thanks for the additional information. The router configuration for the interfaces seems reasonable. But clearly there are not routes configured. You need to configure on R1 a route for the LAN subnet of R2. And on R2 you need to configure a route for the LAN subnet of R1.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thank you Rick, it helped alot

I am glad that my answer was helpful. Thank you for using the rating system to mark this question as answered.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card