cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

BERT sync count

tsalt
Level 1
Level 1

We have been testing a circuit and noticed that when the DSX1 BERT sync count increases then the DSX1 BERT k bits (last)goes back to Zero.

Please could anybody explain what the

DSX1 BERT sync count is, and what it means?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was going to say, The Sync count is a counter that tells you how many BERT test frames were sent and in sync with the remote end (In your case yourself). The Kbits are the amount of data bits within that sync frame that was xmitted..After each BERT frame a new one is sent out so your kbits counter resets to zero. Your sync counter increments by one.....To me this would be normal for a sync'd line running BERT pattern frames....It is the Bit errors or LOS and LOF that you need to be worried about....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pciaccio
Level 4
Level 4

Can you please tell us what type of BERT test set you are using? Useally a Sync count is that the line lost Sync and recovered itself. It should be a type of error. Not sure if it is on your test set. However it may seem that your test set is reseting the test on the line because your kbits are zeroing out....

The engineers were using the Router in-built BERT test facility. This was being done to a loop at the remote end.

I have found out what the fields now mean. All is explained in the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1820/products_feature_guide09186a00800f4895.html

I was going to say, The Sync count is a counter that tells you how many BERT test frames were sent and in sync with the remote end (In your case yourself). The Kbits are the amount of data bits within that sync frame that was xmitted..After each BERT frame a new one is sent out so your kbits counter resets to zero. Your sync counter increments by one.....To me this would be normal for a sync'd line running BERT pattern frames....It is the Bit errors or LOS and LOF that you need to be worried about....

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card