Views
Helpful
Replies

BGP advertisement at ISP

mkannan_29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I need your expert advice for BGP network advertisement at ISP.

Recently we have migrated our Domain from India Data Centre to Singapore Data Centre.

My branch offices located at New Zealand / Australia facing slow response issue after migration.

After migrating the domain to Singapore it take abnormal time to access the Web portal hosted in the Domain at Singapore.

I am suspecting it may be the problem with BGP network advertisement, the new Public IP address may not be advertised properly at ISP end and the best path not advertised by my ISP. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

M.K            

4 Replies 4

sean_evershed
Level 7
Level 7

If you suspect that there is a BGP problem then you can use a BGP Looking Glass to check the BGP metrics associated with your public IP.

See below:

http://www.lookinglass.org/

Don't forget to rate all posts that are helpful.

As Sean said, use looking glass to check metric. There could be also problem with asymetric routing, so check if your outbound and inbound traffic take same path.

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

hi Sean,

Thanks for the revert, but I am unable to find it out from looking glass web site.

Kindly assist me on the same.

Regards,

M.K

Hello,

To be able to help you, can you provide your public prefixes in Singapore DC and BO New Zeland?

Also traceroute from DC to BO and from BO to DC will be helpful.

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card