arakesh12345
Level 1
Level 1

Hai everyone

After the configure the ibgp peering,I am get  below message 

R2

R1                         R3

R4

*Mar 19 04:56:32.915: %BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: sent to neighbor 2.2.2.2 4/0 (hold time expired) 0 bytes
IOU1#
*Mar 19 04:56:32.916: %BGP-5-NBR_RESET: Neighbor 2.2.2.2 reset (BGP Notification sent)
*Mar 19 04:56:32.916: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 2.2.2.2 Down BGP Notification sent
*Mar 19 04:56:32.916: %BGP_SESSION-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 2.2.2.2 IPv4 Unicast topology base removed from session BGP Notification sent
*Mar 19 04:56:33.830: %BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 2.2.2.2 Up

what is represents  hold time expired

reset

down

anyone light sense to me

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It means it stopped getting a response from the neighbour.  After a while it tore the session down and rebuilt it.  It came up straight away when it did this.

how to solve this 

it is a problem to network

if does  what is effect to my network

Hi

Could you please share your BGP configuration, any change recently? Did you change from normal BGP to address family?

If the holdtime expires the BGP peering will be down. I assuming you are using the loopbacks as update-source, right?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

francishiwe1
Level 1
Level 1

Please all we need is how to resolve this or if otherwise that it ain't an issue kindly let us know.

All I know is that the network is working or functioning sub optimally

"%BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 3.3.3.3 Down BGP Notification sent
%BGP-3-NOTIFICATION: sent to neighbor 3.3.3.3 4/0 (hold time expired) 0 bytes
R5(config)#
%BGP_SESSION-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 3.3.3.3 IPv4 Unicast topology base removed from session  BGP Notification sent
%BGP-5-ADJCHANGE: neighbor 3.3.3.3 Up"

Hi

Are you using loopbacks to create the iBGP, is possible to know the BGP configuration?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

The journal I am making use of to study used loopbacks to form peermate.

See below for your perusal

Pls feedback....
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card