Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Cisco IWAN PFR classify the traffic based on Network prefixes

aarav
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I am planning to use Cisco IWAN PFR and i need your advise from expert to know whether PFR can classify the traffic based on the Network prefixes (Network addresses).

I know it can classify based on the DSCP and Application , but we need to classify based on the Network prefixes.

Please advise

2 Replies 2

vamikhai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello.

PFRv3 does not do this, but you may remark traffic (ingress on LAN) per prefix.

Btw, could you explain a business case behind the requirement?

Hi ,

Thanks for confirming it.

We have a very little visibility on the incoming LAN traffic to our WAN routers and we can only see the IP information and DSCP on those packets and no application or port information.

We would like to treat each Internal subnets differently , so that they get different priority or WAN Exit based on our policy configuration.

We have about 10 internal LAN segments that need to be treated differently for thier voice and data traffic. All the LAN segments are having EF marking for their voice , so we would like some LAN segment EF packets to use the best link and some land segments to use the second Next best link and same applies for the data traffic.

We want the flexibility that older version of PFR provided to do some prefix based route optimisation.

Thanks,

Nirmal 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card