cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can ospf table-map use with metric cost in nexus 9K?

sanhtethlaing
Level 1
Level 1

ospf table-map using distance for TE  cisco document;

can i use metric(cost) instead of distance?

please suggest me

thanks

kindly see attached

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @sanhtethlaing ,

the route-map foo in your example sets the Admin distance for different types of routes or using more specific match conditions.

setting the metric would be an action that interfers with OSPF link state database and SPF algorythm for this reason I think it is not supported.

Edit:

as you can see in the following configuration guide the table map is intended to be used only to modify AD of routes

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/dcn/nx-os/nexus9000/105x/unicast-routing-configuration/cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-unicast-routing-configuration-guide/m_configuring_ospfv2.html#id_87051

So as I have written above you cannot set the metric using a table map .

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @sanhtethlaing ,

the route-map foo in your example sets the Admin distance for different types of routes or using more specific match conditions.

setting the metric would be an action that interfers with OSPF link state database and SPF algorythm for this reason I think it is not supported.

Edit:

as you can see in the following configuration guide the table map is intended to be used only to modify AD of routes

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/dcn/nx-os/nexus9000/105x/unicast-routing-configuration/cisco-nexus-9000-series-nx-os-unicast-routing-configuration-guide/m_configuring_ospfv2.html#id_87051

So as I have written above you cannot set the metric using a table map .

Hope to help

Giuseppe

I will check this in lab

MHM

sanhtethlaing
Level 1
Level 1

thanks for your reply

may i know any suggestion, to do traffic engineering on nexus 9k, i currently two 9k as primary and secondary, but routing was going via both switches

so let me know best practice to manipulate route traffic

thanks again

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card