I have a new C8300 str8 out of the box. 

Want to give the gui a test. 

set the ip of the g0/0/1 to 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0

set my PC to .2 etc....connect it.

create my username admin privilege 15 password 0 cisc0

ip http server is in there

ip http authentication local

all the defaults are in there etc....

I can hit the login page in the browser, put my creds.... and bam!!! No luck. 

I can ping the router interface from the PC but cant ping my NIC on the PC from the router. (or vise versa) gotta double check in the am.

Thoughts??? What am i missing? This is straight out of the box nothing else configured than whats listed. Trying to do a hurry up and get to the GUI.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...I can hit the login page in the browser, put my creds.... and bam!!! No luck. 
   What do you mean by no luck ? Do you get an authentication error , or something else ?  (Or post a screenshot for instance) , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...I can hit the login page in the browser, put my creds.... and bam!!! No luck. 
   What do you mean by no luck ? Do you get an authentication error , or something else ?  (Or post a screenshot for instance) , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Nevermind. It was my firewall on the PC...........also side note. Line vty 0 30 needs to be set via cli or youll get a basic GUI. 

Hello,

@txrockerboy Interesting observation about the vty lines. Can you post a screenshot of the 'basic' GUI you get when you don't configure line vty 0 30 ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card