Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot login to ASA Firewall

aamircisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

i am not able to login to my ASA firewall via ASD, SSH or Telent. Everytime i have to restart ASA to login , it works fine for some days then again behaving the same. can anyone give me the solution.

MODEL : ASA-5502

IOS VERSION : 7.0

thank you .

Regards,

AAMIR

5 Replies 5

aamircisco
Level 1
Level 1

One more thing  to add. Also not able to connect via SSL on the network.

regards,

AAMIR

Aamir,

You may be envountering a software bug or memory leak.

Does the ASA continue to forward traffic when the remote access stops working?

Are you able to console into the ASA and verify it's status when remote access stops working?

Rgds

Brett 

Hi Brett,

yes, ASA does continue to forward traffic but it causes internet to work slow. i am also able to console in to the ASA but not able to verify. it always happens whenever i login through Anyconnect (SSL VPN) , before connecting through Anyconnect , it shows certificate error not authorized. i have local certigficate installed in ASA. After restarting ASA everything works fine. any idea ???/

Regards,

AAMIR

Do you have a syslog server you can log to so the next time this happens you can have something to troubleshoot with? Also? Does the ASA still pass traffic when this happens?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.

Hi Aamir,

If the IOS version is 7.0, then I would first upgrade the IOS. 7.x is very old with considerable bugs. You can go upto 8.2.x with no major impact of configuration. 8.3 and above--> changes in NAT, more memory requrements etc.

hth

MS

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card