Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3110, fastethernet0 change vlan

N.ima0102
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

In new our project we had installed IBM blade center HT.now we have to add 2 catalyst 3110 switches to blade chassis.in our plan we should change vlan of port management of any switches.

By default fastethernet0 assigned to management port.unfortunately this port is routed port so I can not set vlan for this port.apparently "switchport" command is not available for this port.

What suggestion do you give me?

Thanks in advance

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Replies 2

N.ima0102
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Apparently FastEthernet0 can not be chenaged.because this port is only management from AMM IBM.

smehrnia
Level 7
Level 7

hi,

as far as i know management ports are interfaces who can have an IP address (not necessarilly routed ports!) for direct PC access.

why would you want to change the management vlan anyway? you can protect it with many different ways thou!

Additional (default) info:

The switch also has a Fa0 interface that is accessed via the aMM. When the CBS3110 is in VBS mode, the aMM does not manage the switch and the Fa0 interface is not available for use. Therefore, initial configuration on the Master switch should be done before connecting it to other member switches. The IBM aMM will show the VLAN1 IP address as the management address for the virtual switch on every slot that contains a member switch.

plz Rate if it helped.

Soroush.

Hope it Helps!

Soroush.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card