cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CERM bandwidth exceeded followed by Interface PEER-TERMINATION

tuckerrose
Level 1
Level 1

It appears I'm having issues with (at least my assumption is from what I can see) Burst Traffic over a gigabit ethernet interface causing a %CERM_DP-4-DP_TX_BW_LIMIT Maximum TX Bandwidth limit of 85000 Kbps reach for Crypto Functionality with securityk9 technology package license, this is then followed by a %DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: EIGRP-IPv4 10: Neighbor [IPv4 ADDRESS] (GigabitEthernet0/0/1.47) is down: Interface PEER-TERMINATION received. <== This interface is linked to an ASA. 

After that message is displayed, all of my tunnels to my other devices drop via same error, the ASA interface comes back up and then my tunnels come back up.

==This is the third time this has occurred following this exact same pattern, and when it does occur it is repeated multiple times over a 30 minute period, afterwards everything seems to level out and function properly. Users report minor outages of their devices.==

Is the CERM bandwidth maxing out causing all of my tunnels to drop?

Network is airgapped, we utilize an external party for our backbone across sites.

Device Specifications:

cisco ISR4321/K9 (1RU)

Cisco IOS XE Software Version 16.06.03

CISCO IOS Software [everest], ISR Software (x86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M) Version 16.6.3, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc8)

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Examine these bug reports , and check if they correlate for your case :

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/search?kw=CERM_DP-4-DP_TX_BW_LIMIT&pf=prdNm&sb=anfr

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card