Views
Helpful
Replies

Challenge with my router 3825

dsrv22001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I am facing one challenge since this morning by installing HWIC-2CE1T1-PRI on my cisco router 3825. So after installation of  the card, i power on the router but in ''show diag'' the card is not appear, same thing even by trying to move it to another slot. After checking on internet this card is compatible with this kind of router. Any idea of what is happen? please i need help urgently.

thanks by advance

3 Replies 3

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi its hardware so theres not much you can do but take it out and re-insert it give it another reboot and hope it comes up

If its still not working try it in another platform if possible , the card could be d.o.a it does happen and Cisco will replace them if they come out like this , you will need to go through your re seller though

Hi,

Although you say that the 3825 is compatable have you checked you have the min supported IOS

Platform Support

Refer to the software release notes or the Cisco IOS Software Upgrade Planner, or ask your local Cisco representative for information about supported platforms and minimum software and memory requirements. Table 2 shows the minimum Cisco IOS Software requirements for each platform.

Table 2. Minimum Cisco IOS Software Requirements

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/network-modules/product_data_sheet0900aecd80710c88.html

2800, and 3800 Series

2900, and 3925, 3945

Cisco 3925E, 3945E

Minimum IOS Release

12.4(20)T

15.0(1)M

15.1(1)T

Minimum IOS Technology Package

IP Base

IP Base

IP Base

RegardsAlex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

saif musa
Level 4
Level 4
Could you run ( sh version ) command please and upload the result here
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card