cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change 192.X network to 10.X

bobbysony
Level 1
Level 1

Before i begin let me say i'm close to a total noob. I had posted this question in the Cisco Learning Network since i'm trying to learn networking but no approval from mod.

I have an issue at work where I have a database software (database is local windows based server) that works well on any client PC as long as that device has a 10.43.X.X/22 address.

problem is if i add a router. the devices connected via the router will not connect to the db. I was trying some Port Forwarding (used port 1433 TCP) and i'm not sure i'm configuring it correctly or if thats what I should be doing.

All devices are connect via wireless to the router. router is a Cisco RV110W (yes cheap home router). I want the database software to work but i would also like to know if you can change the private default 192.168 network that the router comes with to a 10.43.X.X.

what should I do? Please walk me though.

1 Reply 1

Hello,

you need to change the default IP address pool that the RV110W has configured. I have attached the admin guide, go to page 30 for instructions on how to change the pool...

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv110w/administration/guide/rv110w_admin.pdf

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card