cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check the constraints on how to move VMs to Azure using LISP

hina316
Level 1
Level 1

I am preparing to use this site as a reference on how to move VMs to Azure using LISP.

Deploying Cisco Catalyst 8000V Edge Software on Microsoft Azure - Configure LISP Layer 2 Extension [Cisco Catalyst 8000V Edge Software] - Cisco

I would like to confirm details about some of the restrictions mentioned regarding the configuration of LISP Layer 2 extensions.

・Based on the contents of (1), we assume that the migration steps will include the following
Example: Moving virtual machines from on-prem to Azure
1. Add the IP address of the on-prem server's IF to the IF of the C8000V's GE2 on Azure as a secondary IP
    before migrating the host.
2. Migrate virtual machines
3.Delete the IP address of .1 after migration is completed

(1)If you move a host from the data center to the cloud or vice-versa, you must first add or remove the secondary address from the virtual IP table in the cloud.

・The contents of (2) above are for communication such as pinging the IF
IP address of the on-prem server from the on-prem device to the IF of the GE2 of the Cisco Catalyst 8000V to the secondary IP address.If you are moving a VM to a secondary IP address, is it a ping or other communication?

(2)If you move a VM to the cloud, you must initiate packets to the Cisco Catalyst 8000V instance so that the Cisco Catalyst 8000V device realizes that the VM is High Availability does not require a VM to the cloud.

・Does High Availability refer to availability sets or availability zones?
High Availability does not work with the L2 Extension functionality.

1 Reply 1

hina316
Level 1
Level 1

Can you tell us about your inquiry? 
I hope to not have caused any inconvenience. Thank you for your cooperation.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card