cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1841 Problems

CraigBungard
Level 1
Level 1

Every time I reset my 1841 router the startup configs don't load. Its acting like a password recovery process has started. I can't figure out why its doing it, so does any one have any ideas.

2 Replies 2

Hi Craig,

If you do not have a problem with your flash (corrupted) check the next

"For most platforms, if you enter the boot command and press Return, the router boots from ROM by default. However, for some platforms, such as the Cisco 3600 series routers, if you enter the boot command and press Return, the router boots the first image in Flash memory. Refer to the documentation for your platform for information about the default image."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2/configfun/command/reference/frf010.html

Check the boot command to your router's configuration.

Hope that helps!

Vasilis

Craig

While there is some merit to the suggestion from Vasilis I believe that there is a more likely explanation of your problem. The symptoms that you describe are most often caused by the setting of the config register (which is part of most password recovery procedures). It sounds like your config register is probably set to 0x2142 and it should be set to 0x2102. You can check the current setting of the config register by looking at the output of show version. Very near the bottom of the display will be a line that shows the setting of the config register.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card