cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1941w Router - Newbie Configuration

blitzsport
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have just got a Cisco 1941W Router with an ADSL HWIC module and need some help getting it setup. Im new to Cisco equipment and realise the complexity of these systems, however i have averagely good knowledge of network topology and configuration. I have very basic needs to begin with. I have an internal network of 192.168.0.0 and i have a static ip range from my ISP. This is our current setup: ADSL connection with ISP dynamic ip > Static Gateway IP address on Router > Static IP address on Firewall with Gateway and DNS pointing towards Router IP > Internal network of 192.168.0.0 assigned by internal DHCP server with gateway pointing towards Firewall IP address.

Ive been able to connect to the router using the Cisco Configuration Professional software, but wanted some inside information on routing etc if needed. Also any insight on this network topology would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have an internal network of 192.168.0.0 and i have a static ip range  from my ISP. This is our current setup: ADSL connection with ISP dynamic  ip

Isn't it a bit contradictory?

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi Alain,

the static ip addressess are used for our external connections i.e. Router and Firewall, inside this is our internal network on private ip addressess.

Thanks

Chris

Sorry, just re-read what you have put. The ADSL connection has its IP dynamically assigned by the ISP. However we use the Static IP addresses we have been given for the internal devices like the firewall.

Thanks

Chris

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card