cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 2800 router vpn tunnel

sam-lee
Level 1
Level 1

Can i know cisco 2800 router can support how many site-to-site ipsec tunnel without vpn module?

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The       Author of this posting offers the information contained within  this      posting without consideration and with the reader's  understanding   that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or  fitness for any    purpose.   Information provided is for informational  purposes only  and   should not   be construed as rendering professional  advice of any  kind.   Usage of  this  posting's information is solely  at reader's own  risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In       no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever     (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or     profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's     information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of    such  damage.

Posting

That's an "it depends" type of question.

How much average traffic per tunnel?  What type of site-to-site IPSec tunnel technology?  Static or dynamic tunnels?  How often are keys going to be changed, and at what security setting?

PS:

BTW, I recall the optional VPN module doesn't provide a big boost in performance vs. the on-board (default) VPN module.

hi thanks.

I just want to know by default the cisco router can support how many ipsec vpn tunnel, means i can configure how many tunnel on a cisco 2800 router?

normal site-to-site IPSec tunnel technology, and is static tunnel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card