Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2811 Router IOS Upgrade

david.gonzalezg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a problem with a 2811 Route similar to the one described here: https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/cisco-2851-router-rebooted-automatically/td-p/3353992

Due to the continuous and unexpected reboots, I have to update the IOS of this device as the best solution. 

The current IOS is shown as follows:

c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T3.bin

And the current hardware features are: 256 MB RAM, 64 MB Flash.

As I have seen, the T (Train) version could cause problems, and Cisco recommends the M version. Besides, the 12.4 is a deferred realease, so Cisco suggests 15.1.4M12aMD

The upgrade path would be then from c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-9.T3.bin to  c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.151-4.M12a.bin. However, the requirements are a 512 MB RAM and a 128 MB Flash memories, which don't match with the features of this device.

Which could be the best IOS version in order to complete the update and solve this issue?

Thank  you so much.

David

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
personally i would add more RAM and put in what was the latest image before the platform went EOL , the RAM for these are not expensive and can easily be added , also this could be hardware related so i would just add any software first to see if it stabilizes, looks like most the 12s are deferred , maybe this one i see looks still active its an MD too c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-19a.bin
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card