Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 2811 router unable to copy ios image

we have cisco 2811 router. I am trying to copy image from rommon mode.. but unable to copy.

PFA. any one help much appreciated 

22 Replies 22

gaston.benitez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I see in your logs that your DG is NOT in the same segment as the host, thatĀ“s why it is unreacheable.

IP  -- 192.168.24.232/24
DG --  10.131.20.1

You can try it in several other ways.

Option 1 - making a point to point with your PC and a tftp server on it

Option 2 - Copying the image via xmodem using SecureCRT or any other tools.

BR 

Gaston

I have tried to Secure CRT tool but I couldn't find proper link. can you share  download link.

This is going nowhere.
Why are you so determined to copy the IOS from the network when you can simply copy the IOS straight to the CF?

The Device is mount on DC. so I can able to copy only via LAN.

@sankardevarajan1986 wrote:

The Device is mount on DC. so I can able to copy only via LAN.

And how do you have access to ROMmon from remote location?

How far are you from the router?

Good. we have dedicated console cable routed from our DC for direct access.

so that i can able to access.

How far is the DC?
The reason why I'm asking is because it's been 2 weeks and you've unsuccessfully tried to copy the IOS via ROMmon remotely.
How difficult is it to jump in a car and driving to the DC with a laptop and an card reader?

The original post contained output that showed clearly that the main problem was that the router and the tftp server are not in the same subnet and that the gateway specified for the router was not correct. There were several suggestions about correcting the gateway and trying tftpdnld again. I have not seen any output that shows whether the gateway was corrected and if so whether the router was able to connect to the tftp server.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card