cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 2851 wan setup help

CrazyxRascal
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys i just brought a cisco 2851 and i wonder if someone could help me config the wan ? but am not having any luck. I'm new to the Cisco world. if someone could add me on skype joshhopey i could show you what parts i am having issues with my skype is joshhopey

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok. To configure your wan interface as pppoe and negotiated address, let's assume your wan interface is g0/1.

configuration:

interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0
 no ip address
 pppoe enable
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
!
interface dialer 1
 mtu 1492
 ip address negotiated
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer pool 1
 ppp pap sent-username bthomehub@btbroadband.com password bt

If the authentication is chap/pap, you need to add those commands on dialer 1 interface:

ppp authentication pap chap callin

ppp chap hostname bthomehub@btbroadband.com

ppp chap password bt

hope this will help. Let me know.

Please don't forget to rate and select it as correct answer if this is solving your issue.

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Could you explain where are you facing issues? Is it for NAT?

What is connected to your WAN interface? Modem, router,... ?

I can help but I need more information.

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

hi mate i am just having issues setting up the wan , it going from modem to the cisco router . have you got skype ? or anything so i can show you on team viewer and be able to help me ?

skype joshhopey

Hi

no I don't have skype right now.

Explain more in details and I will try to help this evening or tomorrow. In order to help, give a quick drawing and some details of what you want to achieve.

thanks

Thanks
Francesco

i am struggling to setup the cisco router . i need the wan for pppe bthomehub@btbroadband.com pass bt . then i need the lan setup for dhcp . i got sdm . just strugging to set up the router

Ok. To configure your wan interface as pppoe and negotiated address, let's assume your wan interface is g0/1.

configuration:

interface GigabitEthernet 0/0/0
 no ip address
 pppoe enable
 pppoe-client dial-pool-number 1
!
interface dialer 1
 mtu 1492
 ip address negotiated
 encapsulation ppp
 dialer pool 1
 ppp pap sent-username bthomehub@btbroadband.com password bt

If the authentication is chap/pap, you need to add those commands on dialer 1 interface:

ppp authentication pap chap callin

ppp chap hostname bthomehub@btbroadband.com

ppp chap password bt

hope this will help. Let me know.

Please don't forget to rate and select it as correct answer if this is solving your issue.

Thanks

Thanks
Francesco

i going  inbox you my team viewer quickly 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card