Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2941 Router Issue

lalit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I need a help on Cisco MWR 2941 Router ( Mobile Wireless Edge Router ).

I have a Cisco MWR 2941-DC-A Router running IOS " mwr2941-adviprank9-mz.150-1.MR.bin " .I am not able to configure ip address on the interface.When I am trying to configure no switchport on the interface it gives me an error as " Not a convertible port "

Can we configure one of the port on Cisco MWR 2941 Router as routable port.Is the present IOS supports to configure ip address on the interface ?

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regds,

Lalit

4 Replies 4

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

I believe the 2 gig interfaces are just garden variety interfaces. skip the no switch port stuff

according to what I have seen, they should take an IP address.

If not, might want to contact the TAC

Jon Berres
Level 4
Level 4

As far as I know you cannot assign IP Addresses to the physical interfaces on the MWR2941. You need to assign VLANs and then create a VLAN INT if you need an IP on the MWR. This does create more work if you want to route between mutliple interfaces.

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

which interface?

capture your terminal session when you try to configure and post it here

In Cisco MWR 2941, we know that the maximum configuration is 16E1 + 6GE and 9 FE. I want to know what will be the maximum capacity of the BOX ?. I think the backplane capacity of the Box is only 6GE, so can it support full configuration as above?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card