cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3600 Series M&F upgrade!

paltel
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 3600 series routers A,B,C, and D.

A & B 3660 with 96 MB memory and 32 MB Flash memory.

C & D 3640 with the following:

C --> 96 MB memory and 32 MB Flash memory.

D --> 32 MB memory and 8 MB Flash memory.

i want to upgrade, first for A & B to 192 MB memory and 128 Flash memory.

For this i need to buy 2 128 MB SDRAM, right?

For C, i can upgrade to 128 MB memory only, so i need to buy 32 MB DRAM if 32 MB DRAM inserted into the first 3 banks! the question is, can i know exactly what inserted in each bank from any command or i need to open the router cover and see?

The second question is about the flash memory, i think for 3660 we can upgrade to 128 MB Flash Memory and for 3640 we can upgrade to 32 MB Flash memory. right?

and how can i get the prices for SDRAM,DRAM, and Flash memory (PCMCIA)??

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

wong34539
Level 6
Level 6

You can use the command "show memory" on the router and check the memory. The "show version" command will also give the memory related information. The memory required for each router must be upgraded based on the Traffic and processing handled by the router. So if the 3660 router handles a lot of processing it should have 128Mb memory.

!

paltel
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the prices, they are very expensive. according to this price list its better to buy a new router than to buy memories for the old routers, right?

I have a question, how can we determine the size in MB for the SIMM flash memory at each bank. Cisco 3660 and 3640 routers have 2 SIMM flash memory. i know how we determine the size in for each bank(SIMM) for system memory for 3620 and 3640. I need to know how can we determine for SIMM flash memory.

Thanks in advance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card