cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3725 multiboot

omar_elmohri
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 3725 with a 32MB of flash memory, to have an IOS with Advanced Security.

to do this I updrade my flash to 64MB as slot0.

Now I have two IOS, but the problem is how to choose the IOS:

the config register is set at 0x2102

the boot system command is set at :

boot system flash slot0:[IOS file]

What I have to do to boot from the new IOS??

17 Replies 17

I needed to complete my upgrade too, so ended up just erasing the onboard flash and loading the image on to it, then using this syntax:

#boot system flash c3725-ipbasek9-mz.124-3e.bin

One idea - did you try formatting the flash card in the same device? I know that is the case with the 6500s

Hi,

Well, I'll try to erase the old IOS once I have access to our client router, I didn't try to erase it before because I don't like if the router while rebooted runs the ROMMON, and I'll need to use the xmodem so I didn't have enough time to do because the router is working.

About formating I didn't try to do it, but the IOS was copied truely and I can access it and run it from the old IOS. (I run the new IOS while using the old)

Sincerely,

Omar,

Well, I'll try to format it, because in the boot process it shows me the error:

Wrong magic number

and it cannot load the image from the slot0, it's I think due to the flash was formatted on a other platform. here a link to a document that expain file system classes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps341/products_tech_note09186a00800a7515.shtml

It will be very helpful

Sincerely

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card