cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 871 w

richard.dinel
Level 1
Level 1

i bought this router to replace a simple linksys wrt54gs because we are a small office et we access a remote server and exchange server (in asp) so we pptp ....we are now 10-15 so we upgrade eith a 871w but i cannot configure pptp i alway got an error 619. ans it is slow. i am not very impressed. so i checked to see if i can upgrade ioc and sdm but 1) hard to find 2) is it free ? for software ....i am always asked user/password and refused in sections...waiting for your reply

2 Replies 2

sirdudesly
Level 2
Level 2

SDM upgrades are free and IOS upgrades are not.

alopulid
Level 1
Level 1

• Model Overview: The Cisco 871W is a wireless integrated router designed for small to medium-sized businesses, offering robust networking features.

• Wireless Capability: It includes built-in Wi-Fi, enabling wireless connectivity for various devices within a network.

• Security Features: The router provides advanced security protocols to protect against unauthorized access and ensure data integrity.

• Application Support: It supports various applications, making it suitable for environments that require reliable connectivity for business app.

• Performance: The Cisco 871W offers stable performance with high-speed wireless access and efficient data handling.

• Configuration: It can be configured through a user-friendly interface, allowing for customization to meet specific network needs.

• Connectivity Options: The device features multiple ports for wired connections, ensuring versatile network setup options.

• Scalability: It is scalable to accommodate growing network demands, ideal for businesses with expanding app and connectivity requirements.

• Management: The router includes management tools for monitoring and optimizing network performance.

• Firmware Updates: Regular firmware updates are available to enhance functionality and security.

• Integration: The Cisco 871W integrates well with various business apps, ensuring seamless connectivity and operation.

• Technical Support: Cisco provides comprehensive support for troubleshooting and optimizing the router's performance with your apps.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card