cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 887 ADSL Router

RonnieLowe
Level 1
Level 1

I have just purchased an 887 ADSL Router to replace my ageing Netgear and have never setup one of the before. I have a small amount of experience with a PIX-501 firewall.

I followed the start up wizard and entered all the details as I understand them from my ISP. I have a static IP but I set the WAN address type as IP Negotiated as I do not know the IP address and on my old modem I had it set to DHCP and it worked ok.

My provider told me I was conencted but I could not browse. And using the built in interface to ping it timed out and got no responses.

Where should I be looking to rectify this issue?

17 Replies 17

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.7 5721 interface Dialer0 5721 extendable

to clear nat table: it won't get rid of static mappings only dynamic ones

clear ip nat trans *

It has no influence on NAT but it can have on the firewall.

regards.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

%Invalid input detected at '^' marker,

Pointing at extendable.

So I thought I'd remove it and re-add with extendable, when typing "no ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.1.7 5721 interface Dialer0 5721"

It tells me %Static entry in use, cannot remove

It says in use but the software is still not making connection. Very strange.

Hi,

Surely the extendable keyword works only with an ip address and not an interface.

If you disable nat on the interfaces then you will be able to get rid of the static statement and then you will be able to make a new one with the keyword and the ip add instead of interface.

Then try again with the debug ip nat enabled and post the debug output if not ok.

regards.

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card