Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 9300 BGP and GRE

cisco8887
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All, 

I am looking at 9300 switch for one of my clients to support GRE and BGP( GRE between sites).

It needs to support 4 byte asn.

Feature navigator confirms it is supported on C9300-24T-A.

On feature navigator, I used keywork "BGP", "BGP Support for 4-byte ASN" and "Generic Routing Encapsulation" and IP SLA

Is there any other sub feature I need to check to ensure it does support it or has anyone got these model and can confirm it does?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hello,

the Feaure Navigator is not the most accurate tool to check for feature availability. Better to have a look at the datasheet for your specific model. In the link below, scroll down to the 'High-Performance IP Routing' section. BGPv4 is supported, so 4-byte ASNs are as well.

Table 13 in the 'Licensing' section of the document shows you the features that are available. For BGP and IP SLA, you need 'Network Advantage'.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-06-cat9300-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html#Platformbenefits

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
BGP routing on a 9300?
I don't believe this is going to work.

it is only to receive default route

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card