Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-AP1832L-D-K9 configration

Hello All,

It's my first time when I bought Cisco product. I am new to Cisco. I bought brand new Cisco AIR-AP1832L-D-K9 access point before 10 days. On youtube when I saw the related video it starts showing wifi network when we connect it to adapter/POE. But in my case, it's not showing any wireless network although green light is showing. Also when I connect it to my laptop though Lan cable, it's not working (I am unable to see Cisco login page) with any IP (I tried 192.168.0.10 or 192.168.0.245 etc).

Is this device ok?

Can anybody help me how to configure it?

2 Replies 2

Hi work.enthuons@gmail.com

If you turn it up and you didn't see any ssid then you probably have a capwap AP in your hands.

It turn out that Cisco launched a new platform called Mobility Express. This is the new Autonomous AP. The video you saw probably is related to this AP. However, capwap AP is meant to connected to Wireless Controller.

To make sure that you need to connect to this AP using a console cable.

You can convert it to mobility express. Just try to confirm what you have.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hello,

in addition to Flavio's post, how is your AP connnecting to the controller ? Do you have DHCP enabled ?

Which video did you watch ? The guide below might be a better option:

Cisco Aironet 1830 Series Access Points Getting Started Guide

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/1830/quick/guide/ap1830getstart.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card