cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA Policy-Based Routing for branch office to internet

curcloin
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new branch office with an internet connection and a P2P/MOE back to our main office.  I want the internet traffic at the branch to go out our internet connection at the branch but also use the main office internet as a backup.  Is something like this possible with an ASA 5508x?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Default route will be your local isp and in case this link is down default route must the second line through your main office, am i getting it right?

If so, you don't need pbr, using tracking will be simpler.
Here a guidance document on how to implement that:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/118962-configure-asa-00.html

If you need help to build your specific config, let me know

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Default route will be your local isp and in case this link is down default route must the second line through your main office, am i getting it right?

If so, you don't need pbr, using tracking will be simpler.
Here a guidance document on how to implement that:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/118962-configure-asa-00.html

If you need help to build your specific config, let me know

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

As already mentioned by Francesco, this can be handled by routing. But the connection to the main-office needs to be able to handle the traffic for the internet.  That can be tricky if it is a kind of VPN-connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card