cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco C1111-8P can used subnets in ospf redistribution

paul amaral
Level 4
Level 4

I just got a ISR 1000, C1111-8P, while configuring this router, I can't configure it to include the subnets argument when redistributing connected or static subnets into OSPF. I even tired to statically route a test subnet to vlan 1 which is up and nothing. It will take the "redistribute connected subnets" command but when do a show run it just shows up as "redistribute connected", the subnets argument is missing. it goes missing on the static/connected redistribution.

Right now I can't test the router as its not on location, and looking at the defaults it doesnt look like subnets became the default so Im at lost why its not showing up in run/start config. Does anyone have any idea what is happening here ?

Not sure if it's a license of feature thing, but i have the features below which include ipbase an securityk9 so Im really stumped.  I would appreciate some pointers on this. 

thanks, Paul

System image file is "bootflash:c1100-universalk9.16.12.03.SPA.bin"

router ospf 1
router-id 5.5.5.34
priority 0
area 5 nssa
redistribute connected <-subnets goes missing on run/start config
redistribute static tag 0
passive-interface default
no passive-interface TunXXX
network 10.X.X.0 0.0.0.0 area 5
distribute-list prefix nhrp_ospf_block in
!
!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suite Suite Current Type Suite Next reboot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FoundationSuiteK9 None Smart License None
securityk9
appxk9

Technology Package License Information:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Technology Technology-package Technology-package
Current Type Next reboot
------------------------------------------------------------------
appxk9 None Smart License None
uck9 None Smart License None
securityk9 securityk9 Smart License securityk9
ipbase ipbasek9 Smart License ipbasek9

The current throughput level is unthrottled

3 Replies 3

Hello

Have you checked that the non classful networks are in fact getting redistriubted?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Paul, at the moment I dont have this online running with OSPF so im not able to tell. Has cisco changed the OSPF behavior to include subnets redistribution when the option is committed ? I dont want to put this out on the field and have it not pass the classless subnets. 

Paul 

paul amaral
Level 4
Level 4

tested this in lab, looks like it might be a cosmetic bug on 16.12.03, although not listed. When i add the connected subnets even though its not showing up, it's still advertising the classless subnet not just the /32.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card