Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco C8300-2N2S-6T Grounding

Will Salzbrener
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Cisco C8300-2N2S-6T.

We are looking for the details of the ground lug and screw for the Cisco C8300-2N2S-6T.  We use this information in case we lose the grounding lug and screws.

Thanks,

Will Salzbrener

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/cloud_edge/c8300/hardware_installation/b-catalyst-8300-series-edge-platforms-hig.pdf
                           Look for screw and ground lug with find in the browser to get details on the components that you are mentioning , 

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Appreciate the help.

I am unable to discern the ground screw and lug from the docuement. 

The lug is suggests a certain range.  In addition there is no information for the spacing.  The lug is a 2-hole lug. 

There is no mention of the screw size needed, especially the length.  If we used the right size, but was too long, we could damage the equipment.

Thanks,

Will Salzbrener

Hello @Will Salzbrener ,

on page 45 of the document provided by @marce1000 

>> For grounding, use size 6 AWG (13 mm² ) copper wire and the ground lug provided in the accessory kit.

and

>> This equipment must be grounded. Never defeat the ground conductor or operate the equipment in the absence
of a suitably installed ground conductor. Contact the appropriate electrical inspection authority or an electrician
if you are uncertain that suitable grounding is available. Statement 1024

Edit:

reviewing your initial post I see I have misunderstood your question.

You would like to find the tech specifications of the ground lug.

We can just see Figure 31 on page 47

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe,

That is correct I need to know the detail specifications of the ground lug and screw. 

e.g. for lug

Stud hole size = 4.8mm, Stud Hole Spacing = 16mm  

e.g. for screw

M4 x 0.7mm, 6mm long

Thanks,

Will Salzbrener

Hello,

I have found that the P/N of the Accessory Kit is: 69-0328-01.  Can someone please pass on the details of the Accessory kit, which would include the dimensioning needed above or the part numbers of the lugs and screws?

Thanks,

Will Salzbrener

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card