Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco cellular Gateway stuck in green blinking

networkeng1182
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am installing a cisco cellular gateway CG522-E and after installing the sim card and powering up, the gateway ends up with the led flashing in green without moving to blue. I have tried removing and reinserting the sim card, powering up again the gateway, but I get the same results. I have also tried removing the sim and inserting it into a mobile phone but the sim works ok there.

Below also an output from the cellular gateway

CellularGateway# show cellular 1 connections
Profile ID = 15
---------------------------
APN = gint.b-online.gr
Connectivity = Attach and Data
Session Status = Disconnected
Call end mode =
Session disconnect reason type = (2)
Session disconnect reason = (0)
Cellular Interface = 1/1
Backoff timer = NOT Running
Back off error count = 0
Back off timer index = 0
Back off timer array (in minutes) = 0 1 1 1 1 5 10 15 30 60
Period of Backoff = 0 minute(s)

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/wireless-wan/Cisco-Catalyst-Cellular-Gateways/b-cisco-catalyst-cellular-gateways-hig/m-overview-Cisco-catalyst-cellular-gateway.html
                            Have a look at the table below Figure 3

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I have looked at this table, it didn't help.

also another thing is that when I remove the sim card and connect my sim card, it doesn't also work, but when I reconnect the old sim card it proceeds to having blue light blinking on the led, I get a dhcp address, but there is still no route to the internet, and there is no apn that the sim appears to have connected to (the apn in show cellular 1 connections output appears blank)

could it be that my equipment is faulty?

- Not sure , you may attach a console as mentioned in : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/catalyst-cellular-gateways/nb-06-cg522-e-cellular-gateway-faq-cte-en.pdf , 
            Then power cycle and observe console messages during startup , look for errors or other info (e.g.)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card