Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IOS for home lab

Wasif.B
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is there a possibility to download the updated version of the Cisco IOS? I need it for my home lab I've few Cisco 2800 routers and 3560G switches. Please advise, thank you.

9 Replies 9

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Yes, you can download the Cisco updated IOS from http://software.cisco.com But you must have right to your Cisco account as Contract with Cisco, CCIE certified, or Cisco partner portal. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Deepak thank you for the reply, if I don't fulfill the three prerequisite means I can't have the IOS, this is what you mean?

Hi, 

If you are not fulfilling the prerequisite of Cisco then you can't download the ISO from Cisco website. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,

Thank you again Deepak for the generic answer, what's is the solution for it? As it is common now to have Cisco home labs for practice and people lab topologies for leaning. Thank you.  

Hi, 

Then you can copy from any running switch or router. The second option is to take help of Google GOD (Unauthorised). Google can help you but It's not guaranteed.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,

Thank you :)

Thanks,

Don't forget to mark helpful and vote for a helpful post.

Regards,

Deepak

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,

BTW, the other "solution" is being careful about what you buy. I.e. don't buy equipment that you can not update unless it has a minimal IOS version you need.

Thank you Joseph for the reply...I contacted the seller he will organise it very soon. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card