cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Packet Tracer 7.3.0-router ISR4331 w/GLC-GE-100FX fiber adaptor

todonal98307
Level 1
Level 1

I installed two Cisco ISR4331routers in my SOHO model and they are both set up with a GLC-GE-100FX fiber interface add on module for gigabitEthernet port 0/0/2. One only has two ports being used right now, the GLC and a standard RJ-45 port and the fiber port is up, cable showing green triangle. The other router is using all three ports, the 2 RJ-45's and the fiber on GI 0/0/2. When I run do sh ip int br, the port shows as up but the fiber cable installed in the 0/0/2 port is down with the red triangle. Does anybody know why this may be? IP and subnet mask are good. IP 10.0.0.1 mask 255.0.0.0 on the down one and 10.0.0.2 255.0.0.0 on the other end of the cable showing green.

4 Replies 4

Martin L
VIP
VIP

It should fine; I just replicated your 2 routers with fiber link and works, all green and pings are OK.  My PT is 7.3 on Windows 7 64-bit.

is it PT on MAC? those have issues and bugs. Recommended is to use PT on Windows until PT for MACs  is upgraded

todonal98307
Level 1
Level 1

I will check to see if maybe I have the cable installed correctly on the router. I am using a PC not a Mac. Also using Win10 Pro. Thank you. I will post again once I have it figured out. Likely it's something simple.

Martin L
VIP
VIP

I did connect fiber link manually; Check configurations for any errors.

pt fiber file.PNG

todonal98307
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you all. You are right, when I loaded the model this morning, everything was working fine. Must have been a glitch with Packet Tracer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco